The price of fuel is a very important in the management of any business of road haulage factor. And yet, despite the efficiency of vehicles and technological improvements of the last decade and a half. You know, best weight-performance engine, hybrid engines, extension of GPS fleet movements, optimized programming of the marches, aerodynamic improvements, carburetion ...
Fuel costs of a fleet of trucks come to represent about 30% of the costs of operations. But always, you can always make adjustments beyond the performance of the engine or recommended by the manufacturers.
Yes, to rebalance, without going any further, the spending conditions imposed by timeouts jams and entrances to cities, consumption and cooling costs amounting to routes by complicated geographical areas.
Fuel consumption can be reduced with a change of habits, with some insight on what happens or may happen with traffic in combination with transport that takes. Let's see how in ten simple recipes that will help us reduce fuel consumption:
1. Evaluation of traffic that is ahead. Observe what the driving conditions that are at a distance can be adapted and speed gears are on stage. Gear changes are reduced and efficiency is improved consumption. Use the radio as a way to receive information from other partners in route or take the height privileged driving position to see what happens at a distance are simple formulas have first-hand information to seize it.
2. Scrupulously maintain speed limits. Speeding trigger several negative effects, in addition to the fines, we have a higher risk of accidents and extensive effort for the engine. Study says every 8 kilometers per hour increase over the 100 kph 7% increases fuel consumption.
3. Impulse climbing. Harnessing the download speed to overcome a rise comes to us then as momentum is a very logical way to make savings at the wheel. The natural impulse avoid unnecessary braking, cargo movement and, if done skillfully and intelligently, will also produce fewer gear changes.
4. Revolutions, fair. Older trucks which still circulate require the old double clutch to engage the gears. The double clutch applied to more modern vehicles do not need it, punishes gearboxes and unwanted effect, fuel is wasted. We are talking about an increase in spending of up to 30% in the worst case. Do not stop worrying about the proper relationship between horsepower engine and the number of optimal speed for each gear. Revolutions, fair.
5. optimized cruise speed. Optimize the automated control of the cruise if you have that function as driving assistance, will help you maintain a constant, economic and safe speed.
6. Avoid overheating. Remember that a type truck idling consumes on the order of three to four liters of fuel per hour. Assess what time you need the moving truck.
7. Adjust the deflectors. If you wear a deflector on the roof panel to divert air from the front and flat load module, set it to fulfill its function. If you do not have one, consider its advantages to improve the aerodynamics of the vehicle. That will do wonders to improve fuel consumption. I believe it.
8. Avoid excessive fuel in the tanks. Much fuel in the tanks can cause leaks in vehicle movement, its expansion by ambient heat and sun. Something that can be dangerous to other road users and an unacceptable waste.
9. Correct tire pressure. The proper pressure of the tires of the truck improve adherence, control and efficiency of driving, but also impact on fuel consumption. Check the air in the wheels regularly.
10. Less maneuvers cold. An illegally parked truck can force his driver many more moves to get him out on the road in the morning. And cold, a truck, as you know, consume more fuel.
You see how easy it is to save fuel. It's just a change of habits.
When does apply?
Do you know what's new for 2015 in the transport of dangerous goods?